Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Write a Brief Dissenting Opinion About a Popular Title Thread.

@ Civ comments ... I agree about the combat system. I always felt there should be some sort of "tech era" adjustment, because even with city walls on a mountain, guys using swords could never defeat tanks

@ Bioshock
This game has the best graphics/water effects on the 360 period. Probably won't see a game reach that kind of level of graphics achievements till next holiday season. That being said, the gameplay got repetitive at times. Yes there are several ways to take down big daddies, but there are also 12 of them in the game, all of which are basically the same fight. Once you figure out the "best" way to kill them there's not much reason to experiment with or use other lesser ways. Also the vita chambers are probably one of the worst respawn ideas in gaming. I feel like there should be some sort of penalty for death besides a walking inconvenience. I think a full blown revert to last save system would have been poor as well, seeing as how the player tends to die at least once for every big daddy fight. The final boss battle was also really disappointing.