Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Official Midge \"I hate the USA and also Christians\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Thanks for your reply. Now another question and about the American Revolution. How come the rallying cry was "no taxation without representation", instead of "no taxation and no representation either", which you AC'ers seem to want?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they were under the same mistaken conclusion that you are, that if you don't have a special class of people (namely them) allowed to commit theft, murder, kidnapping, counterfeiting, and other assorted crimes that society would be plunged into chaos.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean at no point did the majority of the founding fathers envision any system, Articles of Confederation or Federalist, where there wasn't coercive taxation, at least on the state level. So how come you AC'ers who like to hearken back to the founding fathers don't also view all of them as also perpetuating that "fundamental conceptual flaw"?

[/ QUOTE ]

We do. Duh. The Constitution was a coup d'etat by wealthy landowners, merchants, and bankers. The Articles of Confederation were far superior, and what ills there were could easily have been solved by less government, not more. The entire western frontier was pretty much anarchic and doing just fine thank you very much. The entire state government of Pennsylvania shut down at one point from lack of interest.

Pretty much every dire prediction made by the Anti-Federalists has come to pass and every pooh-pooh of the Federalists has been destroyed by historical hindsight.

I blame Alexander Hamilton for all of this. The entire [censored] state of the modern world. I suppose I can't give him credit for fractional reserve banking, but pretty much everything else is ultimately his fault in one way or another.

Radical enough for you?