Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2007, 06:14 PM

Default 25 NL - What implied odds should I get to call?

Villain is 40/5/3 through 35 hands. I don't have any other reads on him. I have been stealing blinds as I usually do and have won some hands (non-blind steals) leading up to this one.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($3.95)
MP ($30.55)
Hero ($33.65)
SB ($26.50)
BB (Villain) ($61.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1, UTG folds.

Flop: ($2.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

The only reason I called here was to not give the impression that I was going to fold to any min. re-raise on the flop (image purposes.)

Turn: ($8.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $7.25</font>, <font color="#0000FF">Hero... </font>

Here's where my question lies. The only thing I can hit to win this hand is a flush. I'm thinking that villain has an A. Also, there is the slight chance he has just filled up if he was playing A3, A4, 33, or 44. I have the effective stack of $29.40. The pot is $16.10 after his $7.25 turn bet. Therefore, I'm getting 6.25 to 1 implied odds. If villain has a lone Ace, I'm assuming here that I would have 8 outs to the flush, since the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would likely sink me. That means I'm 4.8 to 1 to hit. However, that didn't include the times I'm drawing dead. So, most likely I'm not getting enough implied odds to draw to the flush and I should fold.

What would be the acceptable limit of implied odds I should receive to call and draw to the flush and why?