Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Proposed internet poker ban in MA

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's too much emphasis here on the bill's effect on online gaming (to the exclusion of live). If Skallagrim is right...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the current bill is online poker specific. The PPA's mission is to deal with the right's of ALL poker player's. If this bill dealt with "live" poker games, I assure you that we would be all over it.

I'm a little pieved that the Globe articleonly mentioned that I felt the bill "was laughable", when in fact I told the reporter this was an issue that I am extremely passionate about. He twisted my words when I said; "if you really think about the double standard that exists it's almost laughable." I spoke to the reporter for 20 minutes and the best that he could come up with was that snippet that contains no officiall PPA position whatsoever.

I apologize to all if anyone feels as though I have let them down, because I feel as though I was completely misrepresented.

On a personal note, I want everyone to know that I DO NOT feel this is in any way a joking matter. I guess I will have to be more careful how I speak to reporters in the future.

All In,

Randy C~
MA PPA Rep