Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Slowplayed Kings

GeeBee, thanks for the input and I get where you're coming from. This tournament was a 10FPP $500 cash Freeroll, with 4000+ players. It seems that the 2+2ers are of the opinion that these freerolls aren't worth the time and effort. I don't know. Also, the majority opinion, at least what I have read so far, is that you should probably push with any 2 cards early, because playing rock tight usually leads to being blinded out with the blinds increasing every 5 minutes. So, I thought at this spot, it was a fairly good thing to make a standard raise and c-bet. This guy, for all I knew, was a donk who would call all the way to the river and then fold to a bet. Of course, his bet on the turn told me that he hit his Jack, so perhaps he also had AJ. I don't know what to think here. I do take your advise to heart, and am sure it has merit, but in these types of tournaments, I find it rather difficult to get away from AJ when I'm sitting with my starting amount and I see that others already have 10-20 times that amount, which, I guess, is another subject. How the hell is it that within 2-3 hands of one of these tournaments someone, on another table, has a chip stack of 15-20K? This would seem to me that the player is going all in several times, and getting called by the whole table, which loses to him. This happens everytime, it seems, and it makes me have paranoid thoughts of cheating.