Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: The PPA, lets talk numbers vs results. Cliff Notes!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, D$D, I thought you were going to work on distilling your points. I can't even read your posts like this and I know I'm not alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I was asked specifically what I would do differently so I explained it in some detail.

Here is the Cliff Notes version.

The PPA is good. But not good enough. We claim to be a grassroots organization but at best we have great lobbyists and a good PR machine.

Even the 800,000 number is weak and untested. The vast majority haven't donaited and many don't even remember they signed up.

We have a political equlivant of a "Perfect Storm" of issues, timing, and numbers to be MUCH better.

IMO we can and should plan on a less than 2 to 5 year strategy to achieve the goals we all want. It is doable, but waiting much longer is a looser. We have a short window to get ready to make a major impact in '08 and reap the rewards in the election off year and legislative session of '09. If we make the effort I think we should we could achieve much more than is currently on the table.

I have done this type of work in the past. It is not hard, in fact very simple and often mundaine. The art is keeping people motivated to keep doing the hard mindless work.

Effective grassroots efforts cost a little to get going but can be even profitible. Their real value however is the multiplication factor to your lobbing efforts.

I used specific examples of suggestions I have made that for whatever reason were not followed. They are mid to late in the post with single word headers; Bumper stickers, Poker Chips, Fundraising, Organization, KY, Motivation, Testing, and State Reps. There were a couple of other where I failed to follow this convention.

Some who managed to wade through the whole thing thought it worthwhile.

Best I can do,

D$D