Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: JJ LOL DONKAMENTS?

I like preflop. I like the postflop line provided you call river. I'll try & say something which isn't repetitive:
(i) He can CRAI on flop for the same size as here, are we calling there?
(ii) Hero's line doesn't look as weak as has been suggested. There are various different lines which you can take with an Ace on this board & bet flop; check turn is one, and yes I realise that some tiny part of his range is a flush draw.
(iii) I'm an active villian who likes to abuse all forms of bubbles, "we" like to see flops & 'outplay' you there as well when there's no decent way of reraising, like with Ax in the BB here. So villian can definitely have an Ace. Since villain is OOP & a turn shove from you would only be a PSB villain really shouldn't have total air here. If he flopped the flush draw he surely CRAI. He surely doesn't shove river with one extra pair letting you play perfectly. So actually I don't hate a fold, even though I did when I first started writing. I probably still call though, I'm reading too far into this & villains range is actually wide & varied even if it shouldn't be.
Edit to add (iv) I think preflop is best, but with a slightly more specific read I'd be tempted to go 3.7-4K preflop to induce a resteal, because you're raise size whilst generally best here does/should limit his aggression preflop with air.