Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: The PPA, lets talk numbers vs results.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember once asking the PPA, as NH rep, for some flyer I could distribute at the proliferation of "charity-poker" card rooms in my state to generate new members. They e-mailed me back that they were working on one. That was 8 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive my intrusion, but haven't some said that the poker community needs to do more to proactively help?

Why didn't you come up with a flyer and submit to PPA for approval? Add the warning that you'd be distributing the flyer under their name, if they didn't get back to you in a month.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

My follow up e-mail was a request for authorization to make my own flyer, or to just copy one from the website at my own expense. I never got a response to that one either.

So whenever I play there now I just wear my PPA pin, and talk about the PPA between hands. Also, this charity-poker thing is quite a poker-positive development in NH, there is little reason to rock the boat here at the moment.

Like, TE, I see this situation slowly improving.

What have you done LL?

Skallagrim

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you shouldn't ever have a problem printing anything off the website and passing it out. I would be nice to have the ability to get some supplies like this through State Reps or such, but we're a little bit aways from that.

That was one of the reasons I first sought out a poker friendly printer.

As long as you identify yourself as simply a PPA member who is trying to help out "the cause" you can really do no harm with "educational" efforts.

I've suggested to John and Patrick the Grassroots consultant a number of ways to faciliate "avarage" members helping in "converting" freeroll members. The technology is quite easy, but the site isn't currently set up to handle this quite just yet.

D$D