Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Ever Been Threatened in a Card Room?

[ QUOTE ]
i take my chances against most people...if he gets me, i call it a loss. if i get him, which i'm fairly sure of at that point, i remind him that he called me out, and if the cops are involved, i'll tell my story..

win/win.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cops being involved is not win/win-both of you will most likely be charged, at least disorderly conduct. Perhaps assault, who knows -depends upon the jurisdiction. If in Vegas, it appears from the happenings of famous people, mercy is not considered to any significant extent.

The idea of ascertaining the first punch is ludicrous unless there are witnesses who will also agree that you had no choice but to respond. Braggadocio is cool on the internet but mostly the "fighters" will fight someone smaller than them but not larger. There are of course exceptions such as Chuck Norris types but they are rare. More than likely, in a big city. if you plan to intimidate and fight the "little guy' be prepared for the knife/gun.