Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM

Default 5NL - As 9s in BB turned flush draw + gut shot

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (6 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Villain is FOS and has been bluffing off the $25 stack he built up early in the session...villain is 63/29/1.8 and has been raising any 2 cards and representing aces or kings on flops that contain those cards. He basically built up a stack bullying the table. My image was pretty tight at 17/14 and I decided to use it on the turn.

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($10.22)
UTG ($4.20)
MP ($4.44)
CO ($12.05)
Button ($9.38)
SB ($3.41)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero shoves</font>.

I shoved here because:

A) I didn't think villain caught any piece of this board
B) I turned gave me an inside straight draw and I made a decision that villain was not on a club draw, making the 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] a clean out. That being said, I believe I have 12 clean outs on the turn.

Is the turn shove standard or spew. Should I have shoved the flop, or CRAI the flop? Do I really have fold equity against this type of villain? Thanks in advance for all your comments/criticism.

AC