Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Questionable Limp....tough spot....

Live MTT. We have a rotating homegame with a $25 buy in and a rebuy period. Started with 20 runners down to 8. Top 3 pay. A little different as I have good reads on everyone at the table....as they do on me.

My image is TAG. I feel like I have to show an occasional bluff because my buddies think I'm very tight. I have about 5k in a chips which puts me about 4th in chips. Blinds are 150/300.

In 3rd position I pick up Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I don't limp much, but decide to try it here as I have have a run of bad cards and haven't had good stealing opportunitues. The BB is a tight player and has the big stack at the table. He knows I usually don't limp with garbage, so a re-raise would mean he has a good hand.

It's folded to the button who calls....SB completes and BB checks. For an inital pot of 1200 chips.

Flop

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Blinds check. I bet 800. With 3 players and a possible flush draw, trying to protect. Button calls...blinds fold.

BB is a very solid player. He doesn't bluff much but is notoriously hard to push off a hand. He loves suited connectors for a cheap price.

He has me convered.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
. I bet the pot and get called again.

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]....

What is your next play? Comments on all streets would be appreciated.