Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: rounders - AA999 v. AAA99

Having seen this movie way more times than I'm proud of I'll clear up a few points...

KGB's cards were not shown in the final hand...and "slowing down" of the video to see his cards is pointless as he threw the deck and not his hole cards which I'm pretty sure were still sitting in front of him.

-When you speculate about Teddy's hand in the final scene, you must realize that he actually THOUGHT Mike was on a draw...that is why the ace couldn't have helped him...it didn't help any draws...this is just my opinion obviously.

-Anyone playing properly rolled goes broke on the nines full hand 100% of the time...

- It's funny to me that even with all the ridiculous overbets, string bets, amateur table talk, and all around noob play, no one ever talks about the fact that the entire climax of the movie is flawed. They need to go on this "epic" run to make the 15K they need, but we somehow forget that Worm made a quick 8 grand in like 2 hours at the Chesterfield the morning after being released....oh ya, and apparently neither of them sleep...

even still, its one of my favs...did anyone happen to notice that oceans 13 was written by the rounders guys...and notice what Matt Damon's final lines in that movie were?