Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Default BLUFFING part 1

What do you guys think of this statement:

If you never bluffed in a STT, you could be doing just fine

I don't know if my frequency of bluffing is good or not, of course I'm not randomly picking hands to throw down a bluff either. But either way, I often wonder if I ever really need to bluff in a Single Table Tournament. I'm not talking about c-bets, HU play, or bubble pwning opportunities, but rather early game "deep" post flop bluffs.

Sometimes I see a situation and think, hmmm, could be a good spot to try to win the pot, but then not follow through. Or follow through and win and wonder if it really was a good play, or lose and wonder if it was a good play.

I'm going to throw some hands out for some criticism. Not all these hands I actually followed through but wondered if it was a good spot.

Here's the first....
--------------------------------------------

No reads...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1500)
SB (t1500)
Hero (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
MP (t1500)
CO (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, SB calls t60.

Flop: (t160) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, SB calls t120.

Turn: (t400) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t400) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>,

---------------------------------------

If anyone has wanted to get some advice on an attempted bluff, but didn't want the scorn and wrath of the forum brought upon them, PM me the hand and I'll post it and take the heat. Bluffs can be sort of a personal part of your game that you don't want other players knowing about.