Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which avatar to use...
They both suck get a new one 11 44.00%
South Park 10 40.00%
Eric Molina 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raze,

All you need is to stick them in a Tupperware container with a damp sponge. They will keep just fine as long as the sponge is damp and NOT touching the cigars. Open the container at least once a week to check the sponge and let a little air flow.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa, make damn sure if anyone does this they used distilled water, mold/bacteria can/will form on a wet sponge and distilled water greatly (maybe eliminates iirc?) reduces the chance of this happening. mold/bacteria on your sticks is not cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tex,

The distilled water is used in humidors to prevent mineral buildup & damage on the humidification element and on the cedar (if rubbing down the inside of the humidor). When you're using a sponge, tap water is fine. Long term, you're right mold may form on the sponge, but the tupperware/sponge humidor is only intended for short-term storage (<3 months).

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know about keeping sticks in a freezer? i was reccomended to do this for 24 hours with my cubans b/c they dont undergo the last process of freezing that apparently other cigars do to kill any potential threats, i.e., bugs in your sticks, but i never did it as i feel the swiss habanos dealer i go through wouldn't keep sticks that were possibly infected with bugs in their humidor that likely is worth seven figures....

[/ QUOTE ]

If you freeze sticks make sure you let them defrost VERY slowly. Transfer to the fridge first, and leave them there for a few days, before putting them back to the humidor. Frozen sticks need several weeks before they can be smoked. Search threads on freezing at clubstogie.com for better info.