Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: ** Lounge Poker Talk **

The Snag Bar, Red Lodge Montana, Trip report

So, in my quest to find a live poker game I found myself in Red Lodge Montana. OK, So I was really there for a business meeting but quest sounds so much better.

Red Lodge is a really nice little town right at the base fo the Beartooth mountains and the other end of the Beartooth Highway from Yellowstone National Park. The Beartooth Hwy is really the most beautiful drive I have ever taken. Right up over the mountains topping out at 11,000 feet. Really nice.

Anyway, I was in town for two nights, Wednesday and Thursday. I tried to find a game on Wednesday night but there was not one running, but the bartender at the Bull'n Bear Saloon told me that there was a game on thursday at The Snag. FYI, Snag is a term used for a standing dead tree, usually left after a forest fire. These are also sometimes called widow makers because they are fairly dangerous. The snag actually has an old dead tree out in front of the place attached to the front of the building.

I hit the Snag at about 7:00pm figuring the game won't be going until 8:00 or 9:00 but to my delight it was fired up and there was a seat open. It was 2-6 spread limit with overs available to 2-12 , which translated into lots fo PF limping and then pretty much $6 bets after that. The table was filled with people who were having a really good time and had already seen more than a couple of drinks. I won't go into a lot of hand details because I always screw then up anyhow. I played fairly solid and was up at one point until my flopped set of kings got rivered by a donk catching runner runner to make his straight on the river. I ended up the evening dead even and had a ball playing with these people. Very fun night!