Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Week 10 Rank\'em

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think it'd be higher given Henne and Hart injuries. I'd say -6.5, maybe even across the 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't they pretty much healthy at this point? Hart ran for 110 yards against Michigan State and Henne was 18/33 for 211 with 4 TDs. Even if they aren't at 100% now, I'd think they would be by a week from Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no. Hart reinjured himself and barely played in the second half - got most of his yards on a couple long runs on the two TD drives in the first half. He hobbled off the field several times. Ankle problems take time to heal, so he won't be anywhere close to 100%. If Michigan hadn't been behind (and if Minor or Brown could pass block AT ALL), he would have sat for most of the game. Hart is a big question mark for OSU and should really sit against Wisky.

Henne is also very dinged up. Reports say didn't practice at all last week, other than lobbing a few balls to a trainer on Thursday. Shoulder injury. He looked HORRIBLE for most of the game - I spent the second and third quarters saying repetitively "he's gotta be hurt, he's never *this* bad" - but looked good in the fourth quarter. He couldn't make anything resembling a touch throw, though - it was all bombs and outs. Given how bad the line is (other than Long and to a lesser extent Kraus and maybe Boren), he takes a beating. The only way Henne might be close to 100% is if he sits next week.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a reprise of the Penn State game plan - Mallett at QB, run left, run left, chuck and duck, punt on fourth down, hope like heck that the defense rises to the occasion.

I'm an admitted Michigan homer, but without Henne and Hart at close to 100% this isn't even a top 25 team, let alone one that should be less than a touchdown underdog to tOSU.