Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 07:06 PM

Default KK and checkraised on drawheavy flop...

Villain: unknown but seems loose-aggressive(about 30/20 but only 35hands) so far. Villain are not a complete donk, makes standard 4xBB preflop, and have been involved in some pots and have played them all aggressive and have shown strong hands in showdown.
Hero: have been playing tight-aggressive and have fold to 3 bet preflop once but havenīt played a flop so far.

How to play this hand from flop to river?

Texas Hold'em NL $0.05/$0.10

Seat 1: x ($10.40 in chips) DEALER
Seat 3: Villain ($11.24 in chips)
Seat 5: x ($13.73 in chips)
Seat 6: x ($11.21 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero ($9.40 in chips)
Seat 10: x ($18.24 in chips)
Villain: Post SB $0.05
x: Post BB $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Villain [--]
Dealt to Hero [SK HK]
x: Fold
Hero: Raise $0.40
Villain: Call $0.35
*** FLOP *** [S5 S3 C4]
Villain: Check
Hero: Bet $0.60 should I bet another amount? check?
Villain: Raise $1.80
Hero: ?
Call must be best play here? If I raise I can only make a bluff fold, set will push, draw will push, Pocket Pair will maybe push to. Raise must be worst play because then I will get stacked against set and gamble against draw. A worse Pocket Pair may fold. Letīs say I call...

*** TURN *** [S9] Pot 4,5$

Villain check? Hero?
Should Hero bet(50%of pot?) and hope Villain got PP like
88 etc.. and then check river if villain check. If Villain was bluffing Villain will fold and Hero avoid a possibly river bluff. Also if Villain got set flushcard may have scared him and he just check-call and check river and Hero check behind and get to showdown as cheap as possibly. If Villain got set and check and Hero check behind on turn Villain may value-bet river(Villain have been aggressive so far) and then more than 50% of pot that Hero would bet. If Hero get check-raised again Hero must fold.

Villain bet again on turn Hero must fold?(If not Villain make an unlikely minibet but Villain ainīt that kind of player)No way a Villain would 2nd barrel if Hero call a check-raise on flop? If so Hero will prodably win it back later. What if turn would have came blank and villain bet again Hero must fold? Lets say Qd Villain bet Hero fold? Villain check Hero of course bet and If Villain check-raise Hero fold.

*** RIVER *** [CA]

I think the river would have been played by it self after turn if turn would have been S9. If Hero would have bet turn and Hero check-call and lead river Hero fold no matter what the river is unless its a K of course or a spade that gives me flush then i call. Villain check Hero check.
But if it would have been an overcard to the flop that not completes draws Q,J etc on turn and river CA villain check again after have check-called turn should Hero bet again? If Villain was a callingstation I think I would valuebet. But isnīt unlikly that a villain call river with 77,88 etc

Would like to hear how other would have played it.
And how the hand was played? Well I am new to poker and of course got stacked on flop Villain had 44, but it will not happen again... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]