Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm: 11/4

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Might seem like I'm nit picking but realism means a lot to how funny the bit is.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Every single episode has that "Why doesn't he obviously do x and he wouldn't be in this situation" element. I haven't seen a bit that had much realism.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a point, but stuff that is completely ridiculous loses it's humor to me. Even though every CYE epsiode features stuff that would never happen irl, they're usually plausible. Some of the earlier episodes of this season had too many crazy situations and that's why I didn't like them a ton.

I should clarify. It's not really the situations themselves that I need to be realistic, it's just the actions of the characters that need to be authentic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough but so many times it's the actions that lead to situations no smart person would put themselves in. ex. Larry keeps saying the actual n-word instead of just "n-word", they could've just put up glass to separate the chef w/ turrets. These are just a couple examples off the top of my head where I would get mildly tilted like "wtf no way that person is that stupid irl".