Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Newbie requests : Open up your game guide for ssnl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is an incredible knowledge gap, and this isn't filled with reading 200 posts a day, all ssnl digests, making 50 posts asking similar things etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it is. Poker is a postflop game, not a preflop game. You learn it by logging a lot of hands, and participating in this forum.

What stakes do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally understand (or think I understand) the point about the importance of postflop compared to the importance of preflop. Then again, I am sure your image, and how you should play your hands postflop, is really a function of how many hands you raised and how bored are the donks in your table of your raising.

If I were to "shove" as recommended in the hand threads, I'd be broke so fast you couldn't believe. When you raise only 13%, your posflop play is very, very different from what is recommended here.

That's why, I don't think you can really improve postflop without changing preflop, what you can do is to adapt a preflop strategy, that will get you in postflop situations where you are comfortable. IE. you must decide how many pots and what kind of pots you want to play, and see if it leads you into "good" postflop situations for you, and if you are capable of playing well in those situations.

(I am a marginal winner in 100NLHE I think (only 20k hands), but I moved back to NLHE50 and then NLHE25 in an effort to open up my game last 2-3 days. I watch videos, read, make stupid posts, ask for help etc. and try to improve nowadays)