Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2007, 09:54 AM

Default How to play turbo 1/45\'s?

Hi, i just played a couple of 1$ 45-man turbo tournaments on pokerstars. Obviously, the all-in festival is easy, especially with a big stack, but how should i play in the early stages? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Should i see lots of flops? Or should i wait to exploit my (huge) edge later against the (minbetting, open-limping) donks when the pushbotting starts? A tournament like this becomes so much easier with a big start from the get go, but with 75bb's and blinds moving every 5 minutes, i just don't feel like i have much elbowroom to play poker.

How much should i be sacrafrising to get a big-ish stack early? Obviously, the donks are über loose so im willing to get it in with TPTK on the flop, JJ or AK preflop and so on, but what about hands like AJ, 88 etc.? On a loose table do you much these hands? Limp? or even raise? And what position do you do what in? Taking charge and bullying is not an option with 3 people in every raised pot and 5-6 people in every limped one. Do you try to flop big or do you preserve chips for later?

I know it's a lot of Q's in one topic, but if you guys could give me some answers to just some of them i would be very happy. Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.