View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
No, succeeding in medical school = demonstrating phenomenal recall. Succeeding in baseball = hitting the ball really hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, so succeeding in medical school can be achieved by anyone who is good at Jeopardy? You're telling me "Rainman" would succeed in medical school?

[ QUOTE ]
You treat recall like it isnt its own unique skill, and so you say "its not doing something you couldnt already do." Just because I learned something once does not mean I have a limitless ability to remember it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And taking caffeine doesn't give you limitless ability to remember it. It doesn't give you any capacity to remember it, even in your own studies, but gives you better concentration, etc, supposedly.

[ QUOTE ]
Improving THIS ability, the ability to remember it, to levels I couldnt otherwise achieve, is JUST LIKE STEROIDS.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't, not even in the same ballpark.

They say that steroids don't make superstars, but that they will make an average player good, a good player great and a great player a superstar. Do you really believe that caffeine can make a B average student an A average student?