Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Andy Reid Suspension Speculation Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And about the first point in being in control. This is what any fan assumes out of a coach is he can control a team. I'm sorry if I feel like if you can't control a family you are not fit to control a team. Yes, one is an occupation and the other is not. Also, I understand that controlling 22-40 year old men is completely different than your own children, but it is a feeling I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony Dungy is a good coach by all accounts and yet his son committed suicide. I would say that it's more like being an NFL head coach precludes someone from being in control of their families because they spend such little time with their families.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to bring this up. Does anyone condemn Dungy for fufilling his obligations to being a top 3 NFL coach, and not spending enough time with his family?

Again no concrete facts, but I would imagine the odds of a dysfunctional family of NFL coaches is exponentially higher than a regular "ordinary" working person.

edit: needle, this is essentially the only argument that can be made on my side. if it's not enough for you then we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]