Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2006, 07:56 PM

Default Annie Dukes book

I found this book on the bargain table at the local bookstore and picked it up since it was about poker and cheap. It seems to be pretty disorganized and she jumps back and forth alot, telling 2 the same time swapping chapters.
The problem is you can tell she didn't put alot of time into the book looking for errors and the proof reader was a non-poker person. I am about 1/3 of the way though and have found 2 mistakes that can't be put down to typos. She is talking about key hands in her WSOP O/8 win. The first hand she talks about is when she is short stacked and hit a big hand to increase her stack 4x
Her hand, A-Q-J-4.. the final board reads K-10-9-8-7.
She says she won because she had an Ace high straight, she even lists the hand A-K-Q-J-10. The best hand I can see her having is a King high straight.

2nd hand the one she knocked her brother out with..
She had A-A-10-9 ds, She says it wasn't a great hand because it doesn't offer a guranteed high and has little chance for a low..Sorry but that hand offers NO chance for a low.

Typos are one things but making statements like this are just awful.