Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
I think one of my biggest "leaks" would be tableselection. I play on FTP so Spadeeye or whatever is out of the question and SixthSense is just absurd for price, especially if you are a uNL or SSNL player (I moved to uNL to fix leaks).

What type of things are you doing when it comes to table selection? I am thinking about just using FTTO to open up 10-12 tables and joining/joining waiting list for the best looking tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I don't like sitting on waiting lists unless I know there is a huge fish on that table with a big stack.

I just sit at tables that are 4-5 handed, never on the left of a player I know is good. At NL50, I'm looking at the lobby stats for an average pot size of at least $5-6 with 38% players to the flop or higher, maybe around 70-80 hands per hour. Too many hands per hour means new table or some players are sitting out, too few means it may be a tough table and some TAG is controlling the game.

I know a few good players just sit at an empty table, since fishies don't like waiting either. They'll just sit down and donate. Good for HU practice as well.

I mark players that I know are TAG (or otherwise "good") with a red mark. I mark players that I know are loose (or otherwise "bad") with a green mark. Most green marks don't stay around long enough or play enough hands for me to see them often, but this at least lets me avoid the "good" players that are multi-tabling regulars. I'll sit at tables with 1 red mark if the rest are unknowns. I'll only sit at tables with 2 red marks if I can sit on the left of a green mark. I think this method of marking players is helpful, since I don't have to wait for my HUD or horrible memory to know if I should avoid them or not. I also use a few other colors if I have specific reads on someone or want to watch them for other purposes.