Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Yanks offer job to Girardi

[ QUOTE ]
for all the hate Dusty Baker gets, he made it to a World Series and an LCS with different teams.

I am not saying he is a good manager. However, citing him as the worst manager of all time looks fairly foolish when you consider the relative success he's had - so yes, I think replacing Torre with Dusty Baker would've resulted in plenty of championships.

CDS, I'm waiting for some insider info that the Yankees couldn't've won without Torre - you know, someone that knows Jeter's friend's ex-girlfriend saying that if not for Joe, he would've never gotten Jeremy Giambi out - that sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

insider info? huh?

Dusty Baker would not have lasted 10+ years with the Yanks...sorry. Woulda been fired well before that.

This is pointless to argue cuz 1/2 the people in here view players and teams as somehow not being human and thus subject to outside influences, distractions, emotions and are simply robots who perform day in day out however their given numbers suggest they should.

The other 1/2 seem to think managers have no value and thus if u put any given manager, regardless of temperment/personality, with the Yankees from 06-2007 they win the same amount of championships, reach the WS/playoffs same amount of time blah blah blah

so Cashman should obv just save the organization some $$ and hire the cheapest manager he can find, as long as they aren't mentally retarded, given the manager of the team can not influence his club's performance positivly, short of making perfect in game moves/descions.