Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Just rode an earthquake!

[ QUOTE ]
The scene at Bay101 was pretty interesting - people rushing to the exits and generally freaking out; several games broke almost immediately after it was over, with a bunch of players racking up and hitting the cage. I slid under the table and sort kept one hand above me on my chips, but the shaking was over just a few seconds after it started, followed by the inevitable. "OK, it's over. Did the button move? C'mon and deal already."

Definitely created a buzz in the room, and I think the release of adrenaline loosened up a few of players in my game once play resumed.

Glad no one was hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite the opposite for the 100-200 game. Before the quake, the game was great, but four people left afterwards, totally freaked out. They said "No rucky... Go home!" and did. The game slowed to a crawl and never got really cooking again. I left about an hour later.

I was in a pot when it happened. Somebody's chips fell down into it and it was a mess - people bolted from the table when the place started shaking and almost knocked over the table. I just sat there making sure nobody grabbed my chips. We reconstructed the pot afterwards and I ended up winning! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I just need to play during more earthquakes, clearly.