Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Questions to Ask in a Late Interview

Hey guys I have a phone interview for a job today. I've already talked to the firm a couple of times. I'm a recent grad, so I don't have a ton of experience with this sort of thing. It's a start-up and from everything they've told me it sounds like they almost surely want to hire me but I've had no formal offer.

A few questions:

Compensation - Basically just wondering what things I should ask about (401k matching, benefits, ???). Do I ask for the specific salary or wait for them to bring it up? They asked earlier what range I was looking for and I asked what they were looking to pay and they said 40-50k.

Schedule - I'd like to find out what kind of hours are standard without sounding lazy. I'm down with 40-45. I'm not really down with 50+. I'm thinking maybe I'll just ask "What is the typical work day like?"

Negotiation - I'm planning on going to my current boss once I have a formal offer and seeing what he can offer (I'm currently at an even smaller start-up with terrible pay). They know I have some interest in where I'm at, but do I tell them this or leave that out?

The job is about 2,000 miles away from where I currently live, so I want to be even more careful than usual about making sure I want to be there. Anyway, tips regarding those specific things or in general are hugely appreciated.