Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Josh W

Hi. It's me, Josh.

I'm posting this here because it's where I always posted back before the "Josh W" account got banned.

The cliff notes of the banning is: I pointed out that Mason is dishonest at times in a post on this website. Mat banned me and told me that Mason wanted to discuss this with me directly. So, Mason emailed me, asking about his dishonesty. I pointed it out. He never denied it, but instead tried to justify it. He then went on (multiple page email!!) to talk about all the great things he does, including investigating the PPA, turning down poorly written books, discussing online arguments he's had with players, and the list goes on. He didn't touch on his dishonesty at all. Then, he concluded by saying that he feels that i have some issues, and until I deal with them, I'm banned.

Note that he NEVER said (or even hinted) what these issues are/were. He never left any opening for finding out how he'd ever know if these mythical issues were dealt with, etc.

I replied, asking for definition of these mythical "issues", he never responded. Mat suggested I just create a new account (which I have now done!)

Obviously I'm not as active on these forums as I was 4 or 5 years ago (primarily because the signal to noise has gotten very low), but I wanted an account for one reason....I got a great number of PMs on my old account, and value the friendships (online and otherwise) that 2+2 created for me. I asked Mat, who in turn asked Ryan Beal what would happen if somebody PMd my old account, and after a few weeks of non-response, I decided to go ahead and create this account.

That's the story in a nutshell.

Best wishes,

Josh W