bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

Jeckyl,

The ace hands are both fine. Re the TT hand, you really need to post whatever you have on villain with a hand like that.

slimon,

Ditto for the JJ hand. Depending on villain I might do any of folding, calling and reraising. UTG's line is a bit worrying because I would expect draws and 55/77, if they raised at all, to raise larger. 99/TT are very unlikely because they should raise preflop. That leaves two pairs, sets, the straight and random top pairs. If top pairs aren't in his range at all (which I would expect from passive villains) then I'm folding. If top pairs are in his range but he folds them to reraises, I'm calling. If top pairs and other random stuff are in his range and he stacks off with them, only then would I reraise.

For the KK hand, I'd raise a bit more on the flop, $12, on the grounds that it probably won't change his calling range and makes the stack sizes on the turn a bit less awkward. $10 also gives straight draws slightly better odds, but is fine if you think it makes a difference to his calling range. If I didn't think villain would call a $10 raise with worse hands, I'd flat call his bet instead. Less than that and you simply warn him he is beaten while simultaneously giving him odds to call and try to suck out for your stack on the turn.

After you decide to raise the flop, you're committed with the hand unless a queen comes down on the turn. Going broke with overpairs with 100BB generally requires that:

- The board not be too drawish. Never go broke on 987 two of a suit flops with AA. At least wait for the turn to blank before committing a lot of chips.

- The opponent could easily have a hand he thinks is good.

- The opponent isn't hyper-passive.

They all look to apply here, so this is a good spot to go broke with the kings.