Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Poker News CUP ME Money Bubble hand

3k ME. The villain in this hand is a decent player who i've been told 'is capable of making moves.' I had been raising his blind for quite some time and the last round i raised to 21k, he 3 bet to 63k, and i 4 bet shoved for 180k even. He tanked, folded, and claimed he folded JJ.

He does little (if any, i'm not sure i've seen one yet but maybe one, in roughly 2-3 hours play time) flat calling preflop and the fact that he did def set some warning bells in my head. Though i also consider he's possibly doing it out of frustration with my 4 bet pre and often open raising.

I really don't have any information on villains betting patterns because everyone is so weak that basically nothing is seeing a flop.

This all happened with 42 players left and 40 paying.

My stack: ~260k
Villain: ~250k
Button: ~240k
BB: ~140k
I hold K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG on a 8 handed table. A good half of the table is playing extremely weak tight and not interested in messing with me without TT+/AK.

Blinds 4000/8000 with 500 ante.

Preflop: I raise to 21000, folds to CO, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB thinks it over and calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, i bet 45,000. My plan here is if CO or button shoves i'm going to fold because i think there is absolutely no way either of these players risk their TOURNAMENT LIFE without at least top/top, but if the BB shoves he's an aggressive enough player that i can profitably call.

The CO quickly calls, button folds, BB thinks it over and folds.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
At this point i think CO's most probable hand is AA/AQ. I'm not sure if he'd flat call my pre flop raise with QJs/QTs, but he just might. I check intending to fold if he bets or shoves. CO checks behind.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I think over my river decision briefly. I lead 60,000 for value, button insta shoves. Hero folds.

Additional questions:
Is check/eval better on river?
If you do check how much are you willing to call?
Would you do much different on flop/turn?

Keep in mind to these people going out on the bubble is a huge deal.