Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Philosophical thought about LHE

Hey guys ... as many of the latest poker newbies, I started right away in NLHE. I started with 50$ on Stars and built it up to 260$ playing various NLHE (tourneys and CG).
I then tried a few sessions of LHE and got a few philosophical question about LHE:

1/Does LHE suck ? I, myself, have enjoyed playing it, yet people around me seem to say it is a boring and useless game and that it is not at all interesting compared to NL, ... am I stupid to like it ?
2/If I am a normal girl and if I am right to enjoy it, how come there are so few games available ? it is true that cash games are easy to find, at all stakes, but tourneys are harder to find : I counted 7 tournaments per day on Stars (counting every stake level ... from 1.50$ to 215$) how come ?
3/About bankroll management, I've playing so far only 2c/4c stakes, but only because I was discovering the game but what stakes should I really be playing with my 260$ bankroll ? The 1000BB very consertvative rule tells me to play 10c/20c stakes, the 500BB less conservative rule tells me to play 25c/50c stakes, while the laxist 200BB rule tells me to play 50c/1$ stakes .. what would be your advice ? and also 6-max or full ring ? I've been playing 6-max because I'm used to, from NL.

Thanks.