Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: The state of Notre Dame football.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Out of 2000+ predictions, only 10 brave, depressing souls predicted our probable final record of 5-7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as Bigdaddy is in denial, the sad thing is he is one of the most reasonable Domers out there, as evidenced by this article. "Rivals says he recruits well, so he is awesome!"

So many excuses, its amazing. Just a huge amount of denial, it could only be from Catholics. Oh well, you guys are going to have to learn the hard way after he brings you down so low, the only national title you can compete for is Division III.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an idiot and didn't see this coming at all-- but 5-7 is the probable final record is in an entirely different category. In what sense "probable"?

How about: You hold that thought, raise as much money as you have/can find, and I'll give you 2:1 on it and make a hefty donation to ND in your name-- whether I/you win or lose the bet!

It's funny that it is actually progress when ND fan says that of course their coach had a ton to learn about running a program-- they were the only folks who didn't think it was likely. Funnier still that they now confess to have been deeply skeptical of that silly contract extension.