Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: hit two pair turn check raise super DEEP

[ QUOTE ]
this is one ugly hand, if you want to make a profit by calling preflop oop with these hands then you have to play better postflop. i think the flop donk-call is a big mistake as is the turn c/r.. by the time the money goes in ur 2 pair is no good, gl hitting the flush on the last one..

[/ QUOTE ]

this is terrible analysis by above poster.

1- there is nothing wrong with playing this hand OOP if you are 350BB deep. this is an extremely strong drawing hand.

2- the key to this hand is the flop play. villian two bets for double the pot after you pot lead.
what is he trying to do with this bet, and what is he repping?
-he is obviously trying to take down the pot on the flop. i dont see him making this bet AA or 99, it would be giving up far too much value unless he thinks you are a chasetard that will call half your stack on a flush draw.
-he is most obviously repping AK, you describe him as tight, so i think that A9 is out of his range.

on the turn, you have a huge hand, a CR is fine, but when he pushes...hmmmmmmmmm. i think that you are most likely behind.
what does he have? best guess would be 44 or A4. when he pushed so hard on the flop, i really cant see him betting like this with AA or 99.

so, assuming you have 13 outs on the river and you have to call 4k to win 16k, which almost makes this a coinflip. if you pokerstove this you are maybe getting 5% equity on what he might have, but calling AI on the turn is not -EV.