Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Default NL10 AKs is 3-bet by solid regular, who might think I steal

Ok, when this hand came up, I was kind of ashamed that I need advice to even play AKs preflop, but here goes.

The villain is a solid regular. He is like 15/3,5/1,7 over 285 hands. I play like 16/7/2,6 and he might know that.
Now, his </u>normal</u> 3-betting range should be like JJ+, AK. But he might have noticed that I am way more loose and aggro from button and cutoff than my average preflop stats. I wouldn´t be too surprised if he´s the kind of player that can adjust (or is just expecting steal raises by default). He certainly might add at least TT and AQs at least every now and then.

So what do you do?

I was considering
1. shoving, in the hopes that he might fold JJ or so which is a favorite against my holding
2. calling and see a flop for fit-or-fold, but that seemed too weak
3. calling and see a flop and commit anyway (i.e. raise ai to the c-bet I expect here), hoping he might lay down a better hand on a say Q high flop (especialy JJ or so).

What´s your line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($8.75)
MP3 ($9.60)
Hero ($13.95)
Button ($14.95)
SB ($14.25)
BB ($9.90)
UTG ($7.95)
UTG+1 ($9.60)
MP1 ($9.80)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.6</font>, Hero ???