Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: The state of Notre Dame football.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying it definitely moves a guy up a spot or two
--this is enough to push ND roughly 5 spots higher than they should be nearly every year (the lines are thin between classes just as they are in season rankings for win/losses)

Weis is still doing a great job and there will be no excuse to not have a top10 team in 3 years

yes, the hype goes onto all schools, however it's more with ND.
Partly because it's ND. Partly because of the close relationship with Tom Lemming and ND.

A recent book, Meat Market by Bruce Feldman, had some good info on this. The book is mainly focused on Ole Miss recruiting for one season. Oftentimes, if LSU got involved on a guy, he would suddenly jump on the recruiting rankings as the recruiting analysts would trust LSU's judgment.

ND gets the same treatment to a higher magnitude. So far, I've seen nothing of the Weis regime to dictate they deserve that respect for their scouting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got ya. I def agree with the Lemming stuff, he is brutal. Also enjoy Feldman stuff and will have to check out the book.

I'm not going to argue with ND being moved up 5 spots unfairly, I was under the initial impression that you were saying it was a bigger jump than that.

It pretty much comes down to the fact that Weis will have 3 straight top 10 classes, and the team needs to show great improvement next season, and have a team that in the National Title picture in two seasons. There won't be any room for excuses and overly protecting/supporting Weis starting next year, and I don't think that any ND fan would argue with that.