Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Youve all gotta remember this one fact that you haters seem more than willing to forget:

He thought he was guaranteed to come back the next day.

This WASNT his one chance at being on the show, he was in as an alternate for 2 hours basically to fill a seat. Nothing more, nothing less.

With 500k on the table the game would have been miles deeper and he would have played a lot more hands - but ffs, he played for 2 hours. Those of you who dont know what trash you can get playing live for 2 hours have never played live. Ive had 5 hour sessions where i didnt get a single good hand.

[censored] the haters, he turned up to play poker not be a one man band or clown act.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we all get that.

However, the way he APPEARED on the show made me doubt that he would have played much different the next day. And I guess that's what the producers thought too.
If he lets his poker do the talking, fine. But here there wasn't much play going on from his side. So at least SAY something. He didn't say a single word. People watching this want to relate to the players, they want to know what kinda guy he is. No chance.

And maybe he was a bit naive regarding that guarantee thing, although I don't blame him for that.
Another lesson learned: Don't take anything for granted in television.