Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: And so we continue...

okay so i raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the SB, they all call.

Flop(6sb): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

it's on me, i bet, they both call.

Turn(4.5bb): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

it's on me again. i obv. bet obv. BB folds, button calls.

River(6.5bb): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check, he bets, i call.

nothing is standard in poker.

that being said, this is a typically aggressive opponent. my "standard" line with a good(not great) hand when first to act on the river against a typically aggressive opponent is as follows.

on a board with multiple draws present, and the primary draw misses but a possible secondary draw completes, i check and call.

i do this because this type of guy bets more hands than he calls with. as a result, this collects value from the busted draws that would fold if i bet in addition to the worse made hands(while simultaneously losing less when behind since i can't bet/fold). these aggressive opponents will valuebet/valuebluff/bluff close to all worse hands that would call a bet. these guys will often feel inclined to widen their betting range and fire on the scare card as well since, based on previous action, there is such a tremendously low probability that i had one of the draws that came in(in this case the straight draw).

it's not like i'm against a good or passive player that will only bet when i'm crushed. also, if this opponent's aggression level was higher, this would be a decent spot to bet with the intention of inducing a bluffraise. while i'm not saying this opponent isn't capable of bluffraising, the frequency with which he(specifically) would do it versus the frequency he's raising a completed draw is too low to attempt it.