Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 11:10 PM

Default 10/20 bellagio from a while ago

This hand bugged the crap out of me for a long time... I was just thinking of it today. I'm primarily a limit player FYI and maybe this is simple. Any comments welcome.

10/20 Bellagio. Game seems standard, somewhat LAG. UTG makes it 80 (standard raise for this table). UTG is ok but spews a little, seems to overvalue hands like TP. All fold to me in LP, I make it 300 with AA, 3K behind. Cutoff right behind me cold calls the raise sitting on 8K. UTG thinks briefly and calls with ~4K, all else fold.

Read on cutoff- one of the more LAG players at the table. The table probably sees me as more tight than most, mostly a function of me not having much to play/hitting any hands postflop. I'm giving UTG 99+, A10 suited - AK, maybe KQ suited as a reasonable range. Cutoff's range is wider, but should be reasonable given his double cold call.

Flop- horrible- KKQ rainbow. UTG checks, I check (?) with a plan to evaluate, cutoff checks. Interesting.

Turn- Q, for a board of KKQQ. May have been a two flush out now, can't remember. 900+ in the pot. UTG checks again. I decide to weak lead for 400. My thinking is I can't get played with unless I'm crushed and I can safely fold to a raise. No money goes in on the river unless I hit an ace. Plus, as the reraiser I may have really flopped huge, and my opponents have to give my weak bet a little credit. Cutoff thinks for a little, then announces all in. UTG folds. 2600 to call, 4300 in the pot.

Your action?

THanks

Leon