Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Adjusting to live reads, standard or did I blow it?

Cast of characters: SB = passive Asian female, EP - Euro male showing off to wife. She is sitting behind him. Been playing all night. Plays too many hands, passes on PF raising premium (AK type) hands. Aggressive post flop and not stupid. MP - WAG = Wild Asian Player, older, ATC and raises liberally, anytime. Hero - OTB holding 99.

EP raises. Odd for him. I put him on a big pair because I have observed him not raise AK PF. WAG calls cold. I call cold even though I think I am behind. SB completes. BB calls. 5 to the flop.

FLOP: 27Tr. It gets checked to me. Now I question my read on EP and bet. BB folds. Others just call. Did EP raise AK this time? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Turn: another 2. Puts 2 clubs on the board as well. SB checks, EP checks, MP WAG bets. I raise. I want to isolate the WAG. SB folds, but EP calls, and MP calls.

River Q but not clubs. I let it check through.

Did my adjustment to my reads to the play make sense? Feel free to question my action on all streets. I think my adjustments were OK, but, at the same time, I was self questioning my actions on every street. I'll give you the difficult task of figuring me out.