Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Variance? After how many buyins do you decide it is not a downswing?

New table, NLHE 100$, down 7 buyins in 3000 hands. I am not playing great but to my defense consistently found myself in terrible situations (lots of villain draws got there, my draws almost never got there, tptk vs. set, never got reraised with a set, stuff like that).

I was winning 6bb/100 over 50k hands on NLHE 50. The stats of opponents are usually the same. Mine too (Except WWSD and WTS, which are way, way lower).

I don't think I have tilted, at least not to my knowledge, but I am feeling very depressed, always feel like I have the second best hand or that my draw can never hit, that I will never flop a set, or if I do I won't get paid off, or, if I try to float, my opponent will reraise me all in... you get the picture... However I feel that I am still doing what is necessary to do.

I have no bankroll problems (still have like 30 buyins from poker winnings).

questions:

1) I know I won't lose so much in the long run. However my moral is wtfpwned. Do you think if I keep playing, can I at least stop the bleeding before I go back to my 50$ table?

2) Should I be coached? Anybody you can recommend?

3) Wtf is going on?