Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]

I know that OSCAR133 is innocent, and I haven't even seen any of the relevant data.

Why?

Let me familiarize you with what I call the "Jessica Simpson lie":

A guy tells his buddies that he just had sex with Jessica Simpson last night. Naturally, his buddies don't beleive him.

"Call her up right now and let's hear you talk to her about last night," demands one of them.

The guy makes a lame excuse as to why he can't.

"Okay, then tell us where the two of you went, so we can ask workers around there if they saw you with Jessica Simpson," another friend demands.

The guy stutters and stammers, and finally weakly says that they didn't go out in public.

"Surely you must have a picture of you two together. Maybe an answering machine message from her? Maybe at least an e-mail or text message from her?"

The guy again looks very uncomfortable, and says that he never took a picture with her, and that he deleted all the messages he ever got from her.

Finally, one of his friends says, "I bet you can't even show us the open box of condoms you used last night!"

Immediately the guy races to his desk drawer, pulls out an open box of condoms, and says, "SEE! Told you I had sex with Jessica Simpson!"

The moral of the story? Liars pounce on any "proof" someone asks for that happens to match their story.

Back to the AP situation. OSCAR133 has been accused on 2+2 with some very circumstantial evidence. While AP has been cryptic and difficult when it comes to obtaining evidence that could truly solve the matter, they were happy to offer anyone to come down to their office and see the account details of OSCAR133. Absolute Poker is proud of OSCAR133 because he is not a cheater, and is not connected to anyone in the company. If OSCAR133 comes away clean, it makes their other lies seem true.

OSCAR133 is an open box of condoms. Stop asking about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY IMO