Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Betfred refuse to take action against disconnect abuse!

I was cheated out of money by a player called Flygger yesterday morning who blatantly abused the all-in disconnect protection, unplugging his Internet connection when he didn't like my turn bet so he could see the river for free and get a free showdown. There is NO doubt in my mind he did this on purpose, it is absolutely clear cut. In the time we spent playing at the same table he had no connection problems and was taking part in the chat. Then suddenly when he doesn't like my bet, he cheatingly unplugs his connection, and reconnects a few minutes later to see if he's won.

Abuse of all-in protection should be treated very seriously as it completely undermines the integrity of the game. It allows players to effectively steal money. But Betfred is obviously a site which tolerates cheating, since they have refused to take any action against him.

They say the thief, Flygger, is "an established player who does not have any previous history of abuse. However the player does have a recent history of experiencing disconnections. Although the manner of these DP’s could be interpreted as suspicious they could also be genuine and they are by no means conclusive of abuse."

What a load of bollocks. There is NO way his disconnect was anything other than abuse. It is pathetic that Betfred will not take any action against him. At the very least, if he doesn't fit some impossibly stringent criteria of disconnect abuse defined by iPoker then Betfred should still make a value judgement from looking at the hand itself, and the chat before and after and pattern of play, to see that it was quite clearly cheating, and reimburse me my money. It is not the sum involved, which is small, but the principle of it.

Who can feel safe playing on Betfred when we know they won't take action against cheaters?

GAME #692026860: Omaha PL $0.50/$1.00 19-Oct-2007 06:18:53
Table "TURBO" Wenban
Seat 1: LuckyJimm ($103.30 in chips)
Seat 3: flyygger ($197.10 in chips) DEALER
Seat 5: ironlung77 ($41.75 in chips)
Seat 6: Docmabuse2 ($316.42 in chips)
Seat 8: koota43 ($72.90 in chips)
Seat 10: forfit ($207.65 in chips)
ironlung77: Post SB $0.50
Docmabuse2: Post BB $1.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to LuckyJimm [S8 C5 C6 S9]
Dealt to flyygger [C10 S2 SJ DJ]
koota43: Fold
forfit: Raise $3.50
LuckyJimm: Call $3.50
flyygger: Call $3.50
ironlung77: Fold
Docmabuse2: Fold
*** FLOP *** [S5 SQ DK]
forfit: Bet $11.00
LuckyJimm: Call $11.00
flyygger: Call $11.00
*** TURN *** [D7]
forfit: Check
LuckyJimm: Bet $45.00
flyygger: Allin $0.00
forfit: Fold
*** RIVER *** [D3]
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $87.75 Rake $2.25
LuckyJimm: wins $45.00
flyygger: wins $42.75

(For privacy reasons I've changed my screenname to LuckyJimm)