Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: FTP greed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't think it's about greed. High MGR players who would play on FTP with rakeback don't if they can't get it. Allowing players to switch to rakeback accounts would set a bad precedent with respects to affiliates. Remember what happened on Party when people were dropping affiliates to get rakeback. It created a huge uproar and led to Party flatly saying that rakeback will no longer be allowed. You signed up through an affiliate, so that person did his job and got you to the site. They were paid already whether it was through a portion of ur rakeback or a sign up fee. Is it really fair to mandate that FTP pay another affiliate when somebody else got you to the site?

[/ QUOTE ]
^ Someone who is actually thinking about the situation logically.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I think this is a question of how FTP acquired you as a customer in the first place. FTP will most likely be thinking along the lines of "We didn't acquire you through an affiliate to which we pay $x,000's per year for your custom, so we must have acquired you through an alternative marketing source." The value of this can be worked outTotal annual marketing spend/players accquired through sources other than affiliates in that year = CPA (Cost per Acquisition)). In short, FTP's view is that your Rakeback has already been spent on acquiring you in the first place.