Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: A5s in blind battle.

[ QUOTE ]
PrayingMantis: I went back and read all your posts on this thread. Never once do you address my arguments in any sort of specific manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I did address your revolutionary ideas in a specific manner a few times here. You just didn't like what you read. Second, sending you to read the archives is also very specific. Your ideas, and very similar ones, were discussed many times in the past (by many posters, including MLG and myself, in some extremely specific manners).

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares what the archives say ? This isn't history, this is poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a really good point. Also: who cares what anyone ever said? And specifically, who the [censored] cares about these stupid things called "pot odds", EV, ICM, risk of ruin. Yeah, who cares. Poker is here and now.

[ QUOTE ]
All you have is a bad case of protectionist syndrome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Protectionism of what? Of the best way for making the most money possible in MTTs? Please, go ahead and tell us again and again about your ideas, nobody stopped you from doing that, then apply empty "risk management" concepts in random MTT spots, for completely unconvincing reasons. I'll keep pushing my variance every time I perceive a spot to be good enough +CEV. And it shouldn't be much more than a little +CEV for me in order to do this. That's because (1) I've read almsost every post written in the past about this matter, here and elsewhere, I discussed it myself many times with others, and I'm 100% convinced that that's the the most +$EV strategy for MTTs, and (2) I had great success by doing so, as other players on this forum had.

[ QUOTE ]
I write how I think. And I respect other people who write how they think and I make an effort to understand them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly doesn't seem to be the case, judging from the way you post.