Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you out of school and in the real world, how do you deal with a lack of motivation at work?

For those of you that don't know my story, I worked as both an Operations manager, and eventually a General Manager for a company based in California that built Custom Outdoor BBQ's.

With my market so closely tied to the housing market the business I was involved with took a severe hit in 2006. After hemorrhaging money for most of the year a decision was made to shut the business down in the beginning of 2007.

Basically long story short I ended up working through the help of a friend at A large Corporation that handles tax and payroll. First time every working in a truly corporate environment, and I honestly feel like every day I live the movie Officespace.

Now part of my problem I know is that I am basically starting over at 27, and it pretty much sucks. But I find myself increasingly spending more time on 2+2 and other stupid crap instead of focusing on my work.

It's a good job to start back over with, with a stable company decent starting salary and good benefits....but I just can't seem to stay focused.

Any advice is much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a contributor to this thread but this is 100% me and dammit its tough to get out of that.

so I made my wife a 2nd kid and going on paternity leave for 5 weeks before the end of october. After that I think ill try 4_2_it trick of mini-goals before that damned internet.