Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Pocket 2\'s: Is this good 1 in 9 here?

hi smurf,

I have to say I would have played it differently. I wouldn't have bet the flop in the first place, with five other players in the pot it seems too likely that some of them will have at least pair, a good club draw, or a made flush. frankly your reasoning with regard to taking a free card wouldn't have occured to me, but then again your aren't last to act, so I can't see how you could trust that your taking a free card play on the Turn wouldn't be sabotaged, did you presume that the two player would fold to your bet on the flop? am I missing something?

well, the Turn check seems fine. would I bet on the river? I certainly would not, with 3 op staying until the river one has to have a better club so it is highly unlikely that your flush with the 2 of clubs is the best hand. the question seems to be can I get all 3 players to fold, with at least one of them with a better hand. against 3 calling stations, I don't think they will all fold enough to make a bet on the river profitable.