Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: NBA over/under win totals

I got Houston at over 54.

Last year they went 52-30 but had a Pythagorean of 57-25 and also had the 6th toughest schedule in the league. This was with Yao only playing 48 games and McGrady missing 11 games.

For this year they added Scola and Francis as starters. Scola has gotten great reviews and I really wish we (Spurs) had brought him over sooner or at least gotten more in return for him.. it was really bad to give him away to a division team. Francis had a +/- of -0.6 per game last year, which is obviously not good but was actually better than every other meaningful player on the Knicks except David Lee. I think he realizes the opportunity he has now and is going to be effective on this team. Yao is 27 and McGrady is 28, so they should be near their peaks this season. Additionally, Adelman has an impressive track record at improving teams - in his 1st season at Portland they improved 20 games, 1st season at Golden State they improved 10 games, and 1st season at Sacramento they won the same number of games with 32 less losses (shortened season).