Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

I do not understand the people (in this thread and the previous one that keep trying to marginalize this scandal.

Are they stockholders in AP?

One poster was aggressively mocking someone for suggesting this probably wasn't the first time this happened.

Does anyone really believe this was the first time this happened? Really?

Because everything about this, including the over-the-top arrogance and fearlessness, smells like someone who had done it many, many times without getting caught. You don't cheat like that the first time and act like you're bulletproof.

If I was confident I had access to all the unaltered log files, I'd bet my house this wasn't the first time. Or the second. Etc.

Ask a prosecutor what the odds are that everybody happened to catch the guy(s) the first time. Not real likely.

As mentioned many times by the brains behind this investigation, veering off into wild speculation about other individuals without cause is a terrible thing to do... and a difficult thing to undo.) BUT...

But suggesting that this probably runs deeper and more widely than the tournament in question isn't witchhunting... it's common sense.

Without someone sending out all the unaltered log files (and then... disappearing?) no one here is probably going to be able to figure it out for sure. Hopefully any audit is legit and they have access to unaltered files for all games.

But assuming this has happened before is the safest bet in poker right now.

Criminals almost always start cautious and grow more and more cocky as they continue to not get caught. It's a completely predictable pattern.

This guy didn't think there was any chance at all of getting caught. His cocky was maxed out. That's why it looked, from our POV, like he was an idiot. He may or may be, but what we are seeing is someone who felt really, really safe. Safe enough to act like an idiot.

It's like flipping off the security camera when you're robbing a bank.

Bottom line is that I think the work everyone has done has been outstanding and entertaining... I just wish some people wouldn't keep trying to cap the limit of the scandal... we don't know what the limit is yet, minimizing it before we do is counter-productive.