Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Default 25NL: BTN junk steal attempt.

SB is taggish and BB is loose-aggressive. bringing up my steal attempts and taking a chapter from Dan Bitels' taking stelaing the blinds to the next level as well as Pokey's infamous Pooh-Bah Redux: Blind Stealing i'm making the steal with 53s.

incidentally my blind stealing at 25NL is 32.52 w/4700 hands and is at 32.68 at 10NL w/10,200 hands. according to PT blind steal filters i win 73.37% of the time and avg .35BB/hand.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $27.40
UTG: $25
UTG+1: $24.15
UTG+2: $25.95
MP1: $6.05
MP2: $27.50
CO: $9.90
Hero (BTN): $24.65
SB: $31.30

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
6 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.55) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks
<font color="blue">normally i cbet here. but with the reads on the blinds i opt to take a free card here to help me out, like a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] perhaps? do you lob a cbet in there and risk a reraise or allow the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to fall and fold quietly and look for another spot? </font>

Turn: ($2.55) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2</font>, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2
<font color="blue">with $6.55 in the middle and closing the action i take the call here. i feel the implied odds are good. </font>

River: ($8.55) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $8.55</font>, 2 folds

missed.

are my thoughts and play good here? does anyone advocate not going for the steal here?

EN