Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Rant: To all those with a bad attitude

Lately it seems that I've been running into a lot online players with bad attitudes towards myself and others. For example, people that call you 4 letter words if you accidentally get disconnected and people that get livid if you played a marginal hand that connected.

While I'm sure that most of these players are not 2+2'ers because the level of gamesmanship that the average 2+2'er displays. But for all those who have flipped out on someone online:

If you are even a somewhat experienced player, you should know that there are ups and downs to poker and you have to keep a level head. Like your mother said, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say aything at all.

These people need to realize that poker is a GAME. They create a toxic environment for the online game with their ignorance, while I am sure that 99% wouldn't be able to say this stuff to your face.

If a fish sucks out on you, don't tap the glass by swearing at them. Don't call a player a donkey even if he is one. Keep your petty anger to yourself.

Rant over. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]